Friday, September 26, 2008

Van Gogh's Sunflowers

As I mentioned in a previous post, I purchased Discovering Great Artists to use this year with the boys. There are so many neat projects to choose from. Seeing this particular project completed by another homeschool family sold me on the book, so I chose to do it first.
Here are our paint color concoctions...tempera paint mixed with flour for a thicker consistency



It was such a gloriously sunny day, we moved class outside under the shade of our trees.


Elijah's interpretation


Luke strayed from the intended painting idea...but I did tell him that since he was the artist, he could do it any way he wanted.

"See mama moe pait...I do it, mama...see...I pait wed...moe wed...moe wed, mama..." He sat for atleast 1/2 hr. painting with us. Impressive!





Mama painted, too...I didn't want to miss out on the fun!


All in all, we spent over 2 hours outside painting over 20 pictures. The boys loved it! I had to make them stop in order to finish other school work for the day. Can't wait to tackle the next project!

No comments: